Parish Vision and Mission
Our parish is considered to be one of the most celebrated charismatic churches in Queensland. When you visit with us you can expect to be overwhelmed by the move of God’s Spirit among his people. The parish motto formed many years ago and still appropriate today is “SET FREE TO SERVE: Making Disciples, Making Differences”. It expresses our vision to be a Christian community characterised by:
- joyful and creative worship,
- strong bonds of love for one another,
- empowering to exercise the gifts of the Holy Spirit and prayer;
- being equipped to fulfil our calling to reach the world for Christ.
- reaching out to make disciples who will make a difference in the world.
Rev’d Dr Colin Nicholson with Assistant Curate Rev’d Rebecca King
We are Christians who believe in the sovereignty of God, the Lordship of Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit; we are Anglicans who are part of the broader Anglican Church, having associations with Anglicans throughout the world.
We express our life together as:
- Charismatics who believe in the working of the Power of God for Salvation, Healing and Worship;
- Evangelicals who believe in the uniqueness of the Word of God, written and incarnate, to be The Way, The Truth and The Life for all people.
- Catholics who believe in the importance of Episcopal authority as seen in the three-fold ministry of Bishops, Priests and Deacons and exercised through the Sacraments of the Church.
- We are committed to the exercising of Lay Ministry and to fulfilling the mission God has given to us to go and make disciples.